Providing Quality Care for Quality Eye Health
Thomas Harvey MD is a fellowship-trained eye surgeon, Board Certified in Ophthalmology and licensed in Wisconsin. Dr. Harvey specializes in:
Bifocal Implant Lenses
Experience You Can Trust—your eyesight is in good hands
Dr. Harvey is also the Medical Monitor for a major intraocular lens company and consults with multiple other companies in the field of ophthalmology. He speaks at national ophthalmic eye conferences including the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
During the Spring of 2002, 2003, and 2004, Dr. Harvey served as a member of a missionary surgical team in Juticalpa, Honduras. In 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2014, led a team of doctors on medical missions to Vietnam through the AmeriNam organization. In 2013, Dr. Harvey sponsored an observer trip for Dr. Hai here in the Chippewa Valley.
Dr. Harvey is a member of several organizations and sits on several of their boards and review committees. These groups include: the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the Vanguard Ophthalmology Society, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, and the Wisconsin State Medical Society.
Snapshot Professional Bio – Thomas Harvey MD
- Born in 1972 in Madison, Wisconsin
- Graduated from Rhinelander High School with Honors
- In 1995, received Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW) in Genetics
- Graduated in 2000 with honors from the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Completed an internship year at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (2001)
- Completed an ophthalmology residency at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (2004)
- Completed a one-year surgical fellowship in 2005 in cornea, anterior segment and refractive surgery at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas
- Joined the Chippewa Valley Eye Clinic (CVEC) in 2005 as a cornea specialist and became a partner in 2006
- Board Certified in Wisconsin in 2006
- Designated as a TLC surgeon for Eau Claire in 2007
- Named Medical Director of Independent Surgery Center, LLC in 2010
To see Dr. Harvey, appointments can be made in the following Wisconsin locations:
- Eau Claire
In addition to seeing patients, Dr. Harvey has various research interests, including:
- Lamellar corneal transplantation
- Intraocular lens design
- Anesthetic/medication delivery for anterior segment surgery.
Dr. Harvey has completed various research projects and has published many articles. To view these projects and articles, check out our Research and Publications page!
Research & Publications